Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Connection Lost?


This morning I was pouring a cup of coffee in one of my many mugs. This mug has multiple shots of our granddaughter’s sweet smiling face. The mug is black and it’s not until you fill it with hot coffee or your hot beverage of choice that her photo is visible. It’s the heat of the liquid that activates the cup allowing the vision to be seen.
I was thinking how that is an analogy of our relationship with God. If I set aside time to spend with him it activates that line of communication if you will between me and the Lord. As soon as I connect I’m in his presence communing with him. But if I ignore him it’s like being in darkness. I’ve missed out on the joy of the day when I fail to activate my relationship just by calling on His name.
“The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.” (Psalm 145:18)
You would think after fifty plus years I could get this life thing down pat. I need constant reminding to do the thing I should do and to not do the thing I should not do. I was looking at some journal notes I wrote back in 1996 and I still struggle with the same issues. It’s not an excuse, but I guess it’s the sin nature of man. From the beginning of time we fail God, but he is always merciful and loves us anyway. For that I am grateful.
I’m learning more and more to include God in everything and try not to compartmentalize. I’m finding with writing that I can’t do it to the best of my ability without him leading the way. He’s the voice that encourages me and guides me if I include him in the journey. God wants our best in whatever we do. And our best will include Him.

1 comment: