Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let the Journey Begin

Welcome to my blog where I will share my journey as a writer and about others who are traveling with me and some who have already arrived at their destination. I became a fan of Christian Fiction years ago when a teacher friend gave me a book by Janette Oke. I loved reading as a kid and would go to the town library and devour books that fed my imagination. And then life happened and I set that joy aside. Thanks to Mrs. Payne for sharing Christian Fiction with me many years ago. I did not know it even existed. I must have read that 4 book series in about two weeks! I heard about this "Jan Karon" and picked up her books thoroughly enjoying the town of Mitford and Father Tim. I also read the "Left Behind" series which was a little heavier reading than the others.


It was when I discovered Susan May Warren and read her "Happily Ever After" that planted a seed that perhaps I could write fiction that would inspire others. Susan encouraged me in writing and suggested I join ACFW which was the best advice for a newbie. ACFW has a great support group and the members are always encouraging to those of us who are just beginning. They understand how long and hard the journey can be and are there to cheer you on.


I began to read books by other authors; Deborah Raney, Karen Kingsbury, Catherine Palmer and many more to learn about my craft. Utilizing the ACFW Loops/Courses have been helpful. And now I'm finally ready to attend my first writer's Conference. The ACFW Conference is held annually but usually in the midwest. But right at my backdoor is another great conference the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writer's Conference. This will be an awesome learning experience and I will use this blog to share my experience. Thanks for joining me!

Daphne Woodall

"Commit your works to the Lord, And your thoughts will be established." Prov. 16:3

1 comment:

  1. hey daphne! i'm excited to be able to keep up with you this way! i think it is WONDERFUL how you continue to grow and change as you "mature". You certainly have inspired me already...can't wait to see what you'll do next :)
    xxoo tiffany c

    ReplyDelete